Saturday, May 30, 2009

Back in Spain

I love Spain. It reminds me and several of my shipmates of
South Texas, near Corpus Cristi. Wind, sand, trees, signs in
Spanish...
We broke up the band yesterday. Staff dispersed and flew back to Naples or to their respective homes and NASHVILLE headed out to sea. Last time I saw her, probably forever, was as I walked off into the night at the base in Rota. But the people I met will be what I remember the most. Some more than other to be sure. It was pretty emotional...somebody get me a tissue...
But if you ever get to Rota, stop by O'Grady's Irish pub near the lighthouse. I know, what does an Irish pub have to do with Spain...no idea. But it's outstanding. And look for the dollar with the Texas Tech logo on it behind the bar. The pic enclosed is right around the corner, that arch leads right to the church in one direction, or the beach in the other.
Last stop, Italy (then home).

1 comment:

  1. Spain would like an apology for being compared to Corpus Cristi, TX. Enjoy Italy!

    ReplyDelete